FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shape Layers - auto-selecting closest vertex?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tori DeYeso
Shape Layers - auto-selecting closest vertex?
on Feb 1, 2018 at 2:29:08 pm

Hi all, I feel very silly asking this question because I truly can't tell if this is a bug, new "feature," or a setting that's always been there that I've somehow toggled and can't figure out how to turn off, but I'm being driven to insanity by shape layers in CC 2018 this morning. Every time I try and click and drag to lasso multiple vertices, it's instead auto-selecting the closest vertex and dragging it with the cursor. Now I can't select multiple vertices at once without shift-clicking each one. I have also noted that if I click literally anywhere, on the path, in the shape layer's area, or even far outside it, it's auto-selecting the closest vertex. This is super annoying and really bogging down my workflow, so I'm hoping someone here has the answer or can at least commiserate with me! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Shape Layers - auto-selecting closest vertex?
on Feb 2, 2018 at 7:29:37 pm

sounds like something is wrong with your software. can you show us a screenrecording of the process? other then resetting the preferences, I would check if this is a hardware issue (wacom/mouse)

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]