FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixelation on scaling

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Pixelation on scaling
on Jan 27, 2018 at 1:39:02 pm

I'm trying to accomplish something that is probably very easy, but I can't wrap my head around it.

I have a vector world map that is 5928px x 3335px, and I've got it in a comp of the same size. I need to have dots and names appear at certain cities. This I have done. I then need to pre-Comp this and add CC Sphere to turn it into a globe. Got that done as well. Then I need to place this into a comp of final size, which is 720, also which I have done. However, I need to be able to either scale the globe or use a camera to zoom into the area where the dots/names will appear, but doing this causes severe pixelation. I've found that if I simply don't put the full 5928px x 3335px pre-comp into the 720 comp, I can do the zoom without pixelation, then simply render out to my final size of 720.

Is this the way to go? Is there no way to do all of this inside a 720 comp and not get the pixealation on scale/zoom?

Thanks!!

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pixelation on scaling
on Jan 27, 2018 at 11:38:29 pm

If you get it to work, it's good.

However. you want to know why. I suggest you simply go through the various resolutions you have made to find the reason for your problem. Remember--a pixel is a pixel.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]