FORUMS: list search recent posts

Object: Gradual color fill, tied to movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mona Benito
Object: Gradual color fill, tied to movement
on Jan 24, 2018 at 11:05:59 pm

Hi,

I'm quite new to AE and as an exercise I try to mimic things I see in explainervideo's.
In this video from The Economist (https://youtu.be/ueiXAUKro3M?t=2m37s) at 2:37 minutes we can see how the grey sand is being colored in by a blue hue from left to right.
I'm a bit at a loss as to how to get this effect.

I suspect i need to create some kind of new layer or identical layer and move this by keyframing? But in my head this would not be as smooth as it seems in the video.
Keyframing of the hue/saturation is not an option, because it ignores the movement displayed in the video...
Could someone help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Object: Gradual color fill, tied to movement
on Jan 24, 2018 at 11:34:41 pm

Lame...but ill help. Layer new-solid-grab the pen tool ( and click on rotobezier ) turn off the solid but have it selected and draw a mask around the sand) ..choose color for your solid or ad a fill or a gradient ramp. this particualr example is just a blue solid on normal, however if he had added a tint effect to a duplicate layer of the sand and animated the mask, it would have looked nicer, But its just a solid with 50% opacity or so...Now you have your blue shape, hit MM and start animating the mask path over TIME

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]