FORUMS: list search recent posts

adobe after effects error 33::4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas kamp
adobe after effects error 33::4
on Jan 21, 2018 at 5:37:23 pm

i'm working on a movie for almost 5 months now and when i tried to open my project today it told me error missing data 33 ยง 4 even though nothing crashed and nothing new was changed or installed to the pc.

the only solutions i found online so far are auto save projects, which i dont have/ temp folder, which is empty for me/ restore points, which are also non existing on my pc and importing instead of opening, which also didnt work...
so all my work from the last half year is gone forever now or anyone knows what to do?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: adobe after effects error 33::4
on Jan 22, 2018 at 5:07:07 am

Try this --

Create a new project. Import the problem project into it. Save it immediately. This trick has worked for many people in the past.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lukas kamp
on Jan 22, 2018 at 8:17:08 am

thats what i meant when i said importing instead of opening, everytime i import it i get the same error message... any other ideas ? i might loose my job, i'm really worried...

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jan 22, 2018 at 10:54:15 am

Did you remember turning off the default auto save function? OR did something get so corrupted that your folders are empty?

Because, dude, you've been working 5 months on a project and all you had was ONE project version file? That's crazy!

Well sorry but as far as I've had this kind of errors, never once I could find a way to "uncorrupt" a project. Your best bet is to try and contact adobe and explain it to them. I'm not sure anyone else would be able to recover the file (and I don't bet they will too)

Best of luck!

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Lukas kamp
on Jan 22, 2018 at 2:27:58 pm

i have one other file from november but i worked more lately so its pretty much nothing, i never had any problems with after effects in 5 years of working with it so i didn't know it was neccessary to save it more than one time. No, i didnt turn autosave off but there are no autosave files or folders for me so i guess its turned off by default. I have no idea what caused the error, nothing ever crashed or something... ok i'll try to contact adobe thanks for help....

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jan 22, 2018 at 5:39:04 pm

Long shot here, but I noticed you said there is not even an auto-save folder. Is it possible you're just not looking in the right place? When you go to your auto-save preferences, is it saving next to your AE file or going to a custom location?

Return to posts index

Lukas kamp
on Jan 23, 2018 at 10:26:21 am

I just checked my auto save settings and they're turned off by default so i guess there is not such a folder.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 22, 2018 at 11:21:04 am

Posts like yours are heartbreaking to read. I wish you the best of luck trying to recover your work.

This may be too late for you now, but hundreds or thousands of hours of work don't belong in a single copy of a single file. Here's my advice on protecting your After Effects work in the future:
http://www.renderbreak.com/2015/07/walters-field-notes-on-safeguarding-afte...

This is a bit of a longshot, but have you ever rendered from your Ae project with Adobe Media Encoder? If yes, you might still have the temporary file that process creates. Search your computer for "tmpAEtoAMEProject" and see if you can find anything.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Lukas kamp
on Jan 22, 2018 at 2:36:24 pm

No, I have never rendered with that. I never had any problems with After Effects so how should i know that i need to save more than 1 file... i don't know what to do anymore.. it's all over...

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 22, 2018 at 3:11:01 pm

[Lukas kamp] "I never had any problems with After Effects so how should i know that i need to save more than 1 file..."

Lukas, AEP corruption is pretty rare, but there are any number of dangers with only a single copy of all your work. Accidental deletion, hard disk failure, theft, flood or fire, just a simple drop if you're working on a laptop... there's so much that can go wrong.

I'm so sorry I can't help you better with this, but everyone should have a backup strategy for anything digital that's important to them.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 23, 2018 at 12:22:08 am

you might look into some data recovery tools.... you may be able to recover a previously saved version of your file (before it was corrupted).

many of those tools will allow you to search for file type, so you could try and search for ae projects and hopefully find an earlier version of your project to recover.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Lukas kamp
on Jan 23, 2018 at 10:23:23 am

Ok i will try that, can you name some of those "data recovery tools" please ?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jan 23, 2018 at 4:46:07 pm

Kevin actually gave a very valid try/advice. On that subject, you should NO BE using that harddrive AT ALL while you donwload the tool and scan for the files...

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jan 23, 2018 at 6:53:35 pm

here's a link to the process -- as cassius mentions, you don't want to download, save or install anything more the drive that has your project files to avoid overwriting any old files. the link names a few tools. I've never used any of them, but hopefully one can work for you.

https://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Overwritten-Files

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]