FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CC 2017 - Smooth Tracking Motion path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duca Simone Luchini
AE CC 2017 - Smooth Tracking Motion path
on Jan 21, 2018 at 8:25:57 am

Hallo everybody,
I did many tracking (Tracking Motion type) and sometimes it could be very useful to be able to smooth the tracking Motion pat. I tried a couple of strategies but without big results...:
1. I tried to smooth the original Motion Tracker using Graph editor using some interpolate types but I can't see any differences...
2. I tried also to smooth the Null layer (Edit target) but is the same. Probably I don't know which is the right way...

There is a way to do it correctly? (In Mocha, Nuke, Syntheyes there is a specific command to smooth a tracking path...).

Thanks in advantage for you help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE CC 2017 - Smooth Tracking Motion path
on Jan 22, 2018 at 5:02:47 am

Actually, the motion tracker in After Effects does a good job. It does not need smoothing if it is done properly. We don't know what you are trying to track, so we don't know if you are doing it properly.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Jan 22, 2018 at 6:56:04 am

Hi David,
many thanks for your replay, but the question was not if I did a bad or a great tracking..., the question was "How to Smooth Tracking Motion path"...
I'm used to working with Mocha Pro and Syntheyes and I have e very different concept about what is "a good job".
Anyway, I tracked this video using Track Motion with different Options:

The best result was tracking only with one tracker. But smoothing the path could be improve tracking...

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Jan 22, 2018 at 6:58:10 am

I forgot to say that what I tracked was already in the first post image...

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Jan 22, 2018 at 7:44:17 am

Maybe could be useful: I noticed that the "Attach point" tends to lose the central position, in other words he does not remain at the center of the "Feature area" but tends to decentralize and therefore, even if the tracking path is fluid (a good job ...), in reality is the "Attach point" bobbing up and down. The problem is that we link the Null (Edit target) - to which we then link a text or a graphic - to the Attach point "and not to the centre of the Tracker (Feature Area)! So, if the attach Pint bobbing, same thing happens at the Null ...

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Jan 22, 2018 at 5:22:51 pm

Go into the motion track, and delete some of the tracked keyframes--specifically the ones where an undesirable jump occurs. After Effects will interpolate the motion between them, smoothly. I do this all the time when I get a little bit of undesirable jitter in a point track.

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Jan 23, 2018 at 7:22:32 am

Great Blaise, this is a gut suggestion! Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jan 23, 2018 at 4:55:37 pm

There's a preset expression already built in that will smooth that out... alt click the position stopwatch to enable expressions, go into the little arrow, property -> smooth.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Duca Simone Luchini
on Jan 24, 2018 at 7:10:18 am

Hi Cassius,
I read about that but forgot to try it. I make it now!

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]