FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to remake this logo with video or something else?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Hebert
How to remake this logo with video or something else?
on Jan 19, 2018 at 8:15:18 pm

Hi I am remaking the logo from 90210 for a video for fun and I am wondering what the noise is that is on the numbers 90210. Not sure what it could be that they used. I thought I could maybe reproduce it by finding some video of clouds and then put it in the alpha channel of the numbers. The problem with that is I wont be able to get the purple.

Any thoughts on a way to do this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to remake this logo with video or something else?
on Jan 20, 2018 at 12:29:25 am

If you can get your mitts on some video snow -- you know, the stuff you used to see when you changed channels on an old TV set -- it would do the job nicely. Then just use of of AE's Tint effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Hebert
on Feb 4, 2018 at 5:52:41 am

Thank you for the help. I finally got a chance to do this today. The font is 50 dollars and since this is something for fun for a friend I just tried to find a close match.

anyway, so far I have used water and made some adjustments in the text layer and it seems fine.

I have one problem that I can not solve and have no idea what the issue is. If you watch this video and see the word hills on the bottom. When the radial wipe happens there are two text layers named Hills. The top is black and the bottom is white. When I did this same thing on the top word Beverly it worked perfectly, as the wipe happens the black is gone revealing the white. I did this with anchor point range selector start and end.

When I did the same thing on the bottom the Hills instead of being white is black like it is being blocked. once the wipe is done the white is all there. Its driving me crazy because I know its something simple and I can not solve this.

So any help would be great!
here is the video link.

here is a picture in after effects of the comp.
build-stuck.jpg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 4, 2018 at 9:24:28 pm

Can't tell much from that screen shot. I don't see any layers being used as track mattes, which is a red flag for me.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Hebert
on Feb 4, 2018 at 9:49:00 pm

Red flag?

The only track matte's are the waves in the text.

Any thoughts to why the way I did it would work on the Beverly layer but not the Hills layer?

Return to posts index

Todd Hebert
on Feb 5, 2018 at 6:05:46 am

Just to update. I solved my issue with a simple mask over the top layer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]