I am working on a project in 8718x3840, 60fps.
I have a couple of gradients, glows, my Project, bit depth is 32 bit.
I need to render out as 4 separate, rotated 4k clips for a 4 screen wall (the extra 87 wide pixel are for compensating the bezels between the screens, so all circles are round for example, when they overlap on the screens).
- I preview quarter resolution, skip 2 frames, works fine
- rendering out the full res, crashes AE, so I render out the 4 rotated quarter splits from AE, 3840x2160, 60fps
- 32bit aborts render after a couple of seconds tried all, Media Encoder, Image Seqs... CPU only (wich I found was the most stable, so I switched Mercury Engine to CPU only)
- Render out my 32bit Project to 8bit ProRes 422 works.
- Empty Cache every 7 frames (secret settings in Prefs)
more than half of the time on this project I am working on technical issues, (some effects caused render fails, or flicker for example)
would better GPU help, like a 1080 ti with 11gb?
OSx 10.12.3 (tried win 10 too, same issues)
64 bg Ram
Gtx 970 4gb
SSDs for Project
AE cc 2017 & 2018
Any help would be so great, as time is a big factor.
Thank you so much!!