FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen Replacement and Hand tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Squadrazzino
Screen Replacement and Hand tracking
on Jan 15, 2018 at 11:23:24 am

Hi!

Maybe you can help me with some questions that came along planning a new project.

I need to do a video showing some basic principles of an app. This will be an overhead-camera shot, where you see a tablet with the app on a table and the hands of the actor.

In the preparations, i ran into several issues of mirroring and reflecting surfaces, so I intend to replace the screen.

There will be plenty of action on the tablet, e.g clicking on the screen, scrolling and typing.
My concern is about matching the shot with the replacement in a way, that every movement fits, even when typing on the tablet and clicking exactly on the right position (letter) of the tastature that appears when typing into a blank field.

There are a lot of videos showing how to replace screen, but there's no really information of how exactly dealing with more complicated stuff than just swiping or scrolling the screen. How may i record the actions on the tablet seperately, so i can replace it? Should i directly record the tablet with a green screen and mimic all the actions? (this methods requires a lot of training i guess) I guess there are better ways to approach this, i can not think of right now. Maybe someone's already expirienced in this area. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Screen Replacement and Hand tracking
on Jan 15, 2018 at 11:28:02 am

We've done a bunch of phone and tablet stuff and usually we get the assets and animate the UI ourselves. Then the footage might require a bunch of time remapping depending on what happens on the screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]