FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE cartoon

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ratluci Yahoo
AE cartoon
on Jan 12, 2018 at 2:02:55 pm

Hello to all.

I have writen some nice comedy sitcom scenario, and i wanna put that in cartoon. I'll draw everything in illustrator, animate in after effects, and merge all together in vegas pro. Roughly i calculated time, its going to be circa 8 min long.

Do you have any tips and advice about animating in AE. I will use DUIK for rigging and and animating characters.

PS
Since i'm relativly new in AE, i ask myself. Why ADOBE didnt use layer style for AE (like in PS,AI) it is much simpler then composition?

Return to posts index

Anthony Tonev
Re: AE cartoon
on Jan 13, 2018 at 3:28:46 am

Hi there,

I've started with AE first and way later got into Ai and PS. And I think the layer style in the last two is confusing and not as intuitive as it's in AE 😉 . I guess it's a matter of perspective but to be honest - they are all the same. It is just that AE layer style is build around the timeline and it's minimized to almost quantum size in order to deal with the overwhelming amount of layers you get in even the simplest projects.

Here are some tips - learn everything about organizing in AE. 8 minutes is alot of time and I have seen people trying to make it all in one project. You will notice that the bigger you project gets the slower AE runs. So separate the scenes and make sure you make some templates. Premiere runs better with AE and it's easy to learn - you can give it a try.

And check this tutorial for AE sitcom

might be usefull.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]