FORUMS: list search recent posts

Am I mistaken or do my 3 collapse buttons switch up on me,,

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Garabedain
Am I mistaken or do my 3 collapse buttons switch up on me,,
on Jan 11, 2018 at 10:05:33 pm

You know the 3 bottons on bottom left of timelins..collapse/expand. Ive been using after effects for years now and I swear they keep changing up on me. I had it down for a long time, but now it suddenly seems different.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Am I mistaken or do my 3 collapse buttons switch up on me,,
on Jan 11, 2018 at 10:15:26 pm

If you're using AE CC 2018 -- aka version 15 -- it could be the culprit. Several people have reported sudden, strange AE behavior with it, even though they had been using it for quite some time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 11, 2018 at 11:01:05 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "If you're using AE CC 2018 -- aka version 15 -- it could be the culprit. Several people have reported sudden, strange AE behavior with it, even though they had been using it for quite some time."

I don't think we should automatically assume that every problem people post about is a bug in the latest version of After Effects. There are real defects [link] in the current release, but if we cry "bug" for everything without actually investigating the issue, we are not helping the community.

If this is a bug, let's figure out how to reproduce it so we can file a good report to get it fixed. If it's not a bug, let's try to answer the question.

[Richard Garabedain] "You know the 3 bottons on bottom left of timelins..collapse/expand. Ive been using after effects for years now and I swear they keep changing up on me. I had it down for a long time, but now it suddenly seems different."

Richard, the behavior of the panes control on the bottom-left of the timeline is controlled both by those icons AND by the "Toggle Switches / Modes" button just to the right of them (this is also the F4 hotkey). Things can get pretty confusing if you're toggling individual panes on and off with the icons, and also toggling back and forth between switches and modes. Can you maybe post a couple of screenshots or a screen capture of the issue you're seeing?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:30:58 pm

I believe the current display option is also stored on a per project basis. So if you end up opening another machine's project and now you're creating a new one. It may be remembering the last opened.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]