FORUMS: list search recent posts

When Tracking to Paint Out... Does your main paint-out-frame have to be your first frame of the track?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
When Tracking to Paint Out... Does your main paint-out-frame have to be your first frame of the track?
on Jan 10, 2018 at 10:18:56 pm

Hi, Guys... sorry if the title of this post is confusing, but I don't know how else to phrase it. Here's my situation.

I have a shot that tracks along the ground. I have to paint out tracking markers on the ground. Since all of the tracking markers are on the last frame (and not the first), I made this the frame that I did my cloning paint job on. I then nested this paint job, and masked around the tracking markers, so they were isolated. I then tracked the background plate, created a null object to receive the tracking data and then I parented the painted out foreground to the null object. However, when I play the comp, the tracking markers become weirdly misaligned at the end of the shot (which is actually where they should look their most perfect/accurate). The only way I can get around this, is to go to the first frame of the track and kind of eyeball how I think the painted out portion should appear at that point. Then, the ending of the shot basicallylooks correct. Is there any way to just use the exact position of the painted out ending and have the head and rest of the shot adjust accordingly? Does the painted out portion have to be positioned accordingly on the first tracking point?

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: When Tracking to Paint Out... Does your main paint-out-frame have to be your first frame of the track?
on Jan 11, 2018 at 3:26:06 am

Perhaps a bit more info Scot. What are you using to track with? Which version of AE? That sort of thing.

If your using some flavor of Mocha, tracking backwards is a very viable option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]