FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to make Object path appear

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julius Jefferies
Trying to make Object path appear
on Jan 8, 2018 at 11:16:39 pm

I have this image I made in Illustrator

and I am trying to figure out how to animate is so it shows it from the left side all the way to the end. At first I tried using a mask path with stroke. But I don't know how to add the turns into it so it shows it cutting into different direction. I looked everywhere and don't seem to find anything online.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trying to make Object path appear
on Jan 9, 2018 at 1:38:02 am

You may be better off animating masks. We have no idea HOW you want this animated, you see

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Julius Jefferies
on Jan 10, 2018 at 8:27:54 pm

Sorry for the bad explanation. I traced a image of shipping lanes and I basically have to show the route of the ships, but it can't just be shown I have to have it work like trim paths where it goes along the trail of the image. I tried using trim paths but I guess that doesn't work since it isn't one line but a shape.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 11, 2018 at 12:10:53 am

Well, you can STILL use Stroke if you want. Use a bunch of open masks (i.e. not closed) that follow your Illustrator thing. Get it scaled & positioned properly, then make the masks on a solid. You can animate the Stroke effect for each different mask if you want.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Julius Jefferies
on Jan 11, 2018 at 2:17:51 am

I tried using stroke but the ends are always rounded and when they overlap they create a darker shade. I looked online to figure out how to solve the problems but was unsuccessful in my search.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 11, 2018 at 4:33:03 pm

The ends of lines are ALWAYS rounded using Stroke.... or the Write-On effect, for that matter. Depending on the speed of the animation the rounded ends may be irrelevant, but you're staring at them one frame at a time.

And make sure the stroke is full 100% white.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]