FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC 2018 problem with Composition window not updating in real time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer Tycksen
CC 2018 problem with Composition window not updating in real time
on Jan 5, 2018 at 4:22:14 pm

Upon updating to CC 2018 from CC 2017, I am having several issues that I don't know to solve, that are making it near impossible to edit with.

The biggest is that my composition window will not update in real time with the changes I'm making in the layers below. For example, if I were to click on the "eye" button that hides or reveals a layer, there would be no change in the composition window UNTIL, I grab the playhead and move it either forward or backward. The same goes for any and all changes I make to the layers, whether I'm adding new layers or editing current ones. It is extremely frustrating.

I also can't change a font if I create a new text layer. I can scroll through the fonts, but when I select another font, it stays at whatever the previous font was.

I'm a ten year user of after effects and have become familiar enough with the program that I can usually troubleshoot my own problems, but this is beyond me. I tried adjusting several things within preferences, but had no success. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and the problem remained.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: CC 2018 problem with Composition window not updating in real time
on Jan 5, 2018 at 6:04:17 pm

Honestly, I'd revert to using AE CC 2017.

Ever since Adobe went to Creative Cloud, initial releases of new AE versions are riddled with bugs. Macs seem to be particularly vulnerable this time.

I always recommend holding off on new versions until the first major bug fix. Preferably the second bug fix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Spencer Tycksen
on Jan 5, 2018 at 6:25:21 pm

Dave do you happen to know if there is a way to export a project from CC 2018 that would be compatible (openable) with CC 2017?

Return to posts index

Spencer Tycksen
on Jan 5, 2018 at 6:38:10 pm

Never mind. I figured it out. It does allow you to export a compatible project for previous versions.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 5, 2018 at 7:26:28 pm

Indeed I do!

Go File>Save As>Save a Copy as CC (13). You'll be good to go.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]