FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to Specify Where Particles Spawn Using Particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Wrobel
Possible to Specify Where Particles Spawn Using Particular?
on Dec 28, 2017 at 11:05:17 pm

Just as the title says, is it possible to specify where each individual particle for Trapcode Particular spawns? From what I can tell its not, but I wanted to check to see if i'm missing something.

The short of it is that I have a bunch of flowers that are supposed to appear on a character. Right now there's one version with that already but the clients want a second version with a slightly further away camera but they want the flowers to be in the exact same relative position on the characters (the animation is the same for both versions, just a different camera render). But from what I can tell its not possible to specify where each particle is created and due to the different camera resizing the emitter and particle size doesn't quite give a 1 to 1 translation.

The only way i've found to get the particles right where I want them is to scrap Particular altogether and place each png of the flower one by one, layer by layer and then animate each layer on its own. Which still doesnt give a 100% carbon copy of the version they like.

This is using Windows 7 and After Effects CC 12.2.1.5 with Particular v2.2.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Possible to Specify Where Particles Spawn Using Particular?
on Dec 29, 2017 at 12:37:58 am

Animate the origin.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Dec 29, 2017 at 12:38:51 am

possibly....

particular can use multiple lights as emitters, they just need to be named Emitter1, Emitter2, etc... then set particular emitter type to light and they will all start emitting particles.

i'm not sure what the limit is on light emitters, but in theory, you could place lights as needed and use then as emitters. you'd need to set your particle system up to only emit one particle, but it might work....

i don't know if that's any easier than hand placing flowers though....

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kyle Wrobel
on Dec 29, 2017 at 3:27:29 pm

To preface this I did get an acceptable solve shortly after making this thread. I just kept futzing around with the emitter size and rotation from the scene they did like on the new scene until it was close enough. Still wasn't a perfect copy but it was good enough.

In order to specify where each particle is positioned each emitter would only emit one particle, right? That might work but like you said probably just as tedious as individual pngs.

Also by Origin you mean the emitter XY position? The Particular has about 30 particles that need to be precisely positioned. I think I would still have to end up using one particular effect for each particle in that scenario.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]