FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cameras and Pre compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sasank dhulipudi
Cameras and Pre compositions
on Dec 28, 2017 at 5:39:52 pm

I got into this weird problem where i had precomposed layers and added a camera then animated it, whilst the output when i'm in the main comp wasn't through the camera in the pre comp, instead was the default active camera. I searched for a bunch of them, some people suggested linking the main comp camera with pre comp cam with expressions etc.. which i don't know how to do that . But the solution i had was, i've pre composed again after adding the camera in that existing pre-comp and it worked. My question is that the pre comp should be made with the camera if any or its just a glitch ? or if i have missed something or any tips / tricks, i'd like to know 'em.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Cameras and Pre compositions
on Dec 28, 2017 at 6:02:21 pm

You can only have ONE Active camera at a time. In the main comp. You'll have to figure out a Plan B if you want a different kind of look.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sasank dhulipudi
on Dec 29, 2017 at 1:49:24 am

I get that we can't have multiple active cam in the main comp but if there is a cam in pre comp, shouldn't that be the active cam for that particular timeframe we set or for the whole pre comp only ?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 28, 2017 at 6:45:10 pm

I just happened across this the other day. You wouldn't have found this searching with any logical params related to your issue though. I saved it for future reference as I've run into the same issue.

Take a look starting ~ 13:30

I haven't tried it but it should work for cameras as well I'd think. Other than that, it's just a slick tutorial with some other worthwhile techniques.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 29, 2017 at 12:01:57 pm

[sasank dhulipudi] "I got into this weird problem where i had precomposed layers and added a camera then animated it, whilst the output when i'm in the main comp wasn't through the camera in the pre comp, instead was the default active camera."

If you have Collapse Transformations enabled for that precomp's layer in your containing comp, then its own interior camera will not be rendered. Instead, the layers within the precomp will be rendered as if they are inside of the containing comp.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

sasank dhulipudi
on Dec 29, 2017 at 1:51:46 pm

Ah! this what the rasterise option also functions as. That's what i didn't know! 😃

Thank you!

Return to posts index

sasank dhulipudi
on Dec 29, 2017 at 1:55:59 pm

Ah! this what the rasterise option also functions as. Thank you so much. I was also thinking what if, there are vector layers and camera and you want them crisp, we cannot switch that right. Instead we just need to make a comp for those layers and then animate camera out of that ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]