FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyframing audio stretch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
keyframing audio stretch
on Dec 21, 2017 at 1:01:39 am

my director wants me to slow down and speed up the audio at different points in the project. the brute force method seems to be to simply make a bunch of copies of the audio track and cut them together, but this does seem pretty inelegant. is there a way to actually keyframe this effect?

Thanks

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: keyframing audio stretch
on Dec 21, 2017 at 1:11:54 am

Yes -- you can use Time Remapping to do this, but be warned that it will affect the pitch of the audio file. But time remapping can do it. And don't use compressed audio -- use wav or aiff files.

And I don't know of ANY audio application that can do what you want and maintain the original pitch. Or animate variations in pitch, for that matter.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 21, 2017 at 2:30:55 am
Last Edited By Mark Whitney on Dec 21, 2017 at 2:49:42 am

[Dave LaRonde] "And I don't know of ANY audio application that can do what you want and maintain the original pitch. Or animate variations in pitch, for that matter."

Adobe Audition has that feature actually. Works fairly well within reasonable change percentages but no keyframing per se that I recall. Probably just treat the entire audio in a separate file & edit as needed.

From the Audion reference PDF:
Stretch and Pitch effect (Waveform Editor only)
The Time And Pitch > Stretch And Pitch effect lets you change the pitch of an audio signal, the tempo, or both. For example, you can use the effect to transpose a song to a higher key without changing the tempo, or you can use it to slow down a spoken passage without changing the pitch.

I'd post an example but the Forum's utility for that is still goobered. Wish I knew who to poke with sharp stick to get that fixed. Been this way for weeks now.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 21, 2017 at 3:28:09 am

In lieu of being able to post directly, take listen to this:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]