FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create this wet look on faces (trapcode?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Johnson
How to create this wet look on faces (trapcode?)
on Dec 16, 2017 at 10:53:19 am

A couple of videos here from the same people, I know a few tutorials about how to get liquid looks out of Trapcode Tao and Mir but these seem to be doing something that I can't get my head around. Any ideas as to what plugins may be at play or any other tips

All throughout this video - Especially interested in how they have gotten the faces to appear glossy at 00:36, almost as if a 3D model? Certain they are not modelled though
https://vimeo.com/182843597

Various points, notably 0:06 into this video
https://vimeo.com/239328729

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How to create this wet look on faces (trapcode?)
on Dec 17, 2017 at 2:50:14 pm

One approach could be to create at least two (probably more) height maps, one static one for the face and another animated one (or several) for the waves. You could do this with Mir. Then you'd use the height maps to create the refractions and reflections. The simplest way would be with the CC Glass effect (don't remember if that's the exact name of the effect). Or you could use displacement for refraction. For more realism, something like Freeform Pro for reflections. For more depth, use multiple layers of waves. Even the same displacement map offset in time, rotated or otherwise transformed should do it. It seems that depth of field has been used in the first video example for the closer splashes. You can add a slow turbulent displace or some other warp effect on the various layers for additional waviness.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: How to create this wet look on faces (trapcode?)
on Dec 18, 2017 at 4:47:31 pm

Cool effect, was it AE?
I've done similar in Maya.
Would like to see how it could be done in AE :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]