FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't scroll through fonts anymore?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kruul
Can't scroll through fonts anymore?
on Dec 13, 2017 at 10:03:59 pm

I'm on the latest version of After Effects and I noticed that I can't scroll through fonts anymore with my arrow keys. I'm almost positive that I was able to do this before. Was this something that changed, or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't scroll through fonts anymore?
on Dec 13, 2017 at 11:30:29 pm

I don't know if it's a change or a bug.

Considering Adobe's track record on catching the bugs in initial releases of new CC versions -- i.e. dismal -- my money's on the bug.

Incidentally, I run AE CC 2017 at work. Got it a week before this new version came out. It has all the bug fixes, and things run fairly well. I always tell people not to bite on the initial release, but to wait until the first or second major bug fix. Preferably the second.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Can't scroll through fonts anymore?
on Dec 15, 2017 at 3:00:45 pm

It's an unintentional change/bug in the new typeface interface.
You may notice that there are a LOT of changes to the font box. You can actually preview the fonts in the font list, you can set favorite fonts, and a BUNCH of other enhancements. Downside though, is that arrow keying through the fonts no longer works (I think you can scroll through with your mouse scroll wheel though, but I'm not at my CC 2018 machine to check).
The After Effects team at Adobe is aware of the issue, but it wouldn't hurt to file another bug report to bump the priority of this issue.

I would also suggest going into your preferences and making the size of the font preview larger. At least get some use out of the new interface!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]