FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline increments

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Barker
Timeline increments
on Dec 12, 2017 at 12:47:41 am

Is it just me, or did at some version update, did AE change the way it decides to display the timeline numbers? It used to be fairly intuitive, as you zoomed in and out, it chose fairly regular intervals to display the numbers: half a second, to seconds, to 5 seconds, to 10 seconds, and so forth. NOW it's totally arbitrary, it displays alright when I'm zoomed in, but once I get past it making a tick every 2;00f, it starts going in 4;05 increments, then 8;10 and so forth, which is totally ridiculous for longer compositions. I don't get minutes anymore, either, it just starts over displaying only seconds and frames, which are not even. File > Project Settings, has virtually no controls for the timeline besides changing between Timecode and Frames (which I've never used).

Maybe this post is just a gripe instead of a question, as I suspect there is no answer. But if so, please let me know!

Television Producer
KTVF-11 Fairbanks, Alaska
video.ericbarker.com

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Timeline increments
on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:49:47 am

Mine only gets odd if somehow it ain't starting at 0;00;00;00. You should check that in the composition settings. Other than that perhaps if you have an unusual fps setting?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

David Saunders
Re: Timeline increments
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:24:59 pm

I just notice this oddity too on the updated version of AE currently mine is at 15.0.0 (Build 180)

In short when you grab the "TIME NAVIGATOR END" and try to zoom in on the sequence it suddenly goes from second to frames....

If anyone figures how to just keep it seconds it would be great!

Here is the sequence with seconds

Here is the same sequence when it pops to frames

Any ideas folks??

-David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]