FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CC 2018 doesn't update changed AI layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ferenc van der Velde
AE CC 2018 doesn't update changed AI layer
on Dec 11, 2017 at 3:56:04 pm

When I'm animating an Illustrator file I always insert some empty layers. This way you can add extra footage after importing the AI file in After Effects. (Thanks to this forum) But lately the layer with new content is not updated in AE. It recognises the file change and checks every layer, but with no result. I'm using CC2018 but I think I the problem already occurred with CC2017. Anyone has an solution or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE CC 2018 doesn't update changed AI layer
on Dec 13, 2017 at 3:40:38 am

I'll bet it's a bug! Don't use AE CC 2018! It's full of bugs! Use AE CC 2017!

You have to understand that the initial release of ANY Adobe CC application is riddled with bugs. I won't go into the reasons why. You slould wait for at LEAST the first major bug fix. I personally wait for the second one.

Pretty crappy that you can't rely on things to work as advertised, isn't it?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: AE CC 2018 doesn't update changed AI layer
on Dec 13, 2017 at 6:52:26 pm

haven't tried this technique. interesting ☺ though I would just prefer to import as footage instead of creating additional layers that are not needed (yet).

I tested this in Ae 2018 and AI 2018. it seems that if you import a blank layer and update it, the update will occur in the project panel footage and not the timeline (although it's the same layer). this also happens in CC2017 Ai/Ae and also in CC2015.3 Ai/Ae and at this point I stopped and wondered if this ever worked? it seems that this method does not work.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]