FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery Exports AE to AME

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erika Tsuchiya
Jittery Exports AE to AME
on Dec 11, 2017 at 2:55:55 pm

Hello, I am exporting non-conventional 1:1 ratio 2K format from AE to AME.

The final mp4's (h.264) all play jittery. For the first 5 seconds, then stop, then start again, then stop, and continues throughout.

My guess is that my graphics card [AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB] is outdated (from 2011) - as it refuses to render any of the newer Red Giant plugins such as Mir and Tao.

Could that be the case or something else? What would be the best way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Jittery Exports AE to AME
on Dec 11, 2017 at 3:43:18 pm

The H.264 codec performs very poorly unless you use a set of standard horizontal and vertical dimensions. They're mostly in 4x3 or 16x9 aspect ratios... not square.

I recommend rendering to a different media container and codec. And as always, including your delivery specs is most helpful.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Erika Tsuchiya
on Dec 11, 2017 at 3:52:41 pm

Thank you!

It has to be mp2. So I have been exporting to mp4 then converting to mp2 using an external converting software (easyfab).

Could you suggest a more suitable codec?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 11, 2017 at 5:59:34 pm

Since you haven't mentioned its ultimate use, I'm going to recommend that you render to a good intermediate codec for later transcoding to a file suitable for the end use.

For this task, I like to make Quicktime Movies in the Photo JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG or Animation codecs. If you happen to be on a Mac, you could also add ProRes 422 and ProRes 4444 (to include an alpha channel) to the list.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]