FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions regarding the Range Selector in Text Animator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Swapnil Rastogi
Questions regarding the Range Selector in Text Animator
on Dec 11, 2017 at 7:20:50 am

For my project, a word slams on the camera after traveling from afar on Z axis. Then it slides down slowly. All this happens one character at a time. I can easily do this by splitting the characters with masks. But it takes a lot of time and making changes to the text later on becomes a headache. So I did a little research and found out about the range selector. It works great, but I haven't been able to achieve two of my objectives. One, I want the characters to hit the screen at random spots and different rotations. Second, when I'm placing the keyframe for sliding on Y axis, the text continues to animate on Z axis along with the Y axis. I'm animating properties from within the animator property and I'm unable to split dimensions.

Thank You

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Questions regarding the Range Selector in Text Animator
on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:50:57 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 12, 2017 at 6:46:48 pm

Since no one has replied yet, here's an old-school way to do it:

Animate your word ONCE. Then duplicate the comp a lot of times, for each letter to be animated. Change the duplicated comp names to.... oh, numbers, I suppose: "01", "02", "03", etc. Mask off all text except the first letter in "01", all text but the second letter in "02", etc.

Then nest them in a master comp and there's your letter-by-letter animation.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]