FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anchor Point Problem? - Straight Path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catrina Delos Reyes
Anchor Point Problem? - Straight Path
on Dec 11, 2017 at 3:40:21 am

Hello. So this thing's bugging me ever since I noticed it. And I noticed it just recently. I've already made a few animations without problem. So I'm not really sure if this is something I need to be concerned about.

I noticed that whenever I create a straight path (the red line), I can't bring it to the center unless I manually drag it.

As you can see, the anchor point was already on the center of line (I used ctrl+alt+home to bring the anchor point to the center on the path). But there was a small blue box located on its far left. And that's what ae is centering whenever I click the center align and not the anchor point.

I can only select the red line by selecting that blue box. But when I need to move it, I need to drag the anchor point and not the blue box.

Changing the anchor point and position in both the shape and transform property doesn't really do anything. It just moves everything including the the blue box.

Why is it behaving like that? It's really bothering me. It only happens on a straight path. Other paths/shapes work fine.

I hope somebody can help. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Anchor Point Problem? - Straight Path
on Dec 15, 2017 at 3:57:27 pm

You might have transform options inside your shape layer that you could tweak with that would help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]