FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema 4D To After Effects Objects Motion Data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Phillips
Cinema 4D To After Effects Objects Motion Data
on Dec 7, 2017 at 3:41:38 am

Let me first explain what I want to do and hopefully I can be told the easiest way of achieving this. I have a object in Cinema 4D that I want to bring into AE. I want the object in Cinema 4D motion information so that I can attach 2d art to the 3d object in AE. From what I have read, I can attach a composite tag to the plane in Cinema 4D and just load the C4D file into AE and through the Chinaware plugin I can just hit the "Extract" button under commands and I should get lights, camera, and anything with a composite tag? I tried this but it only extracts lights and cameras. I am using R19 and the AE CC 2018. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or is there an easy way of getting the motion data from a Cinema 4D object in AE.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Cinema 4D To After Effects Objects Motion Data
on Dec 7, 2017 at 11:37:01 am

Not a "compositing" tag, you need an "external compositing" tag. Make sure you're going for the right one.

You also need geometry in the object (I've had times in which parametric objects did not work).

If all fails, turn on save animation for melange, under Preferences -> Files. (this may increase your file size considerably)

If you still can't get it, upload the file and I'll help you out. Because probably you will need to bake stuff.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Mike Phillips
Re: Cinema 4D To After Effects Objects Motion Data
on Dec 7, 2017 at 2:40:16 pm

Thanks for the response. That was the answer. I am still new to the application and I guess I missed that small detail.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]