FORUMS: list search recent posts

More motion paths in Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmett Brown
More motion paths in Particular
on Dec 6, 2017 at 12:09:29 pm

Hi,
Is there any way to add more then 9 motion paths in Particular? I need 2-3 more.

Cheers,
Mark

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: More motion paths in Particular
on Dec 6, 2017 at 6:09:30 pm

Another instance of Particular on the same layer?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Emmett Brown
on Dec 7, 2017 at 6:42:44 am

Not really, as far I know motion paths must have name Motion Path 1-9 and I can't change it like emitter or shadowlet. So new particular still will be referring to the same motion paths layers. Or I'm missing something?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 7, 2017 at 9:45:47 am

Perhaps a bit more detail. What version are you using & where in Particular's UI panel are you trying to add?

Return to posts index

Emmett Brown
on Dec 7, 2017 at 10:34:33 am

Hi,
Particular 3, AE 2018. Motion Paths in Air submenu. There are only 9 paths to select (layer with light motion), and I'm searching for a trick to add more of them 😉

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 7, 2017 at 7:04:49 pm

Ah. Never used that feature so never notice the limitation.

Expanding on Dave's comment, I suspect instead of adding a 2nd instance or Particular to your comp, you'll instead have to first duplicate your comp with the first 9 lights & rename it so you can use it as a pre-comp. In this new comp, delete the original motion path lights (probably anything else not contributing to the Particular effect) & now add your new lights with the needed name (recycling your numbers) so you can then add them into the slots. Drag this new comp into the original.

Return to posts index

Emmett Brown
on Dec 8, 2017 at 10:19:46 am

Yeah, precomp is a way to go. In this particular project, I still need to render it first before post production (I need to implement those to Element 3d), so for now I just copy whole composition and add new paths (kinda your way). It works for now because paths aren't intersecting, if so, then precomp could work better :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]