FORUMS: list search recent posts

Led light effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aya Hatano
Led light effects
on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:30:55 am

I want to make flickering led light effects something like the following link.
https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-14559166-stock-footage-holiday-led-...

I have Trapcode Particular and Form and I've been trying to create something like this but no luck...
Does anyone know how this was made?!

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
Re: Led light effects
on Dec 6, 2017 at 3:21:21 pm

So, I made an attempt project file. Is it perfect match? no. But it could be a good starting point for you to dial down to the look you were aiming for. To edit the text just click the text box and type whatever you want and choose whatever font, it is just a simple Alpha Matte. To mess with the grid though you can go into the precomp and fiddle with the different effects I used, but for just minor adjustments and styling I have created a top level control layer. You can play with the slider here to adjust the size and roundness of the lights, how fast they animate and what color you want them to be all without having to open up precomps or change settings on multiple layers. I try to build all my comps this way, that way making changes for clients or bosses or even new projects is snappy.

anyways hope this gets you started,

11936_holidaylightsfolder.zip

P.s. I built this so that it will work in AE CS2 and further for anyone who wants to use this effect but has an old copy of AE

Doyle Lewis,
Location Assistant
ABC Studios

Return to posts index

Aya Hatano
Re: Led light effects
on Dec 8, 2017 at 3:39:01 am

Thank you Doyle for making me the project file! This is amazing. As a AE beginner, this helps me a lots, seeing where to start and how people set up file etc... Thanks again!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]