FORUMS: list search recent posts

RENDER FAILS EVERY SINGLE TIME! Exporting sequence in Ae

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Austin
RENDER FAILS EVERY SINGLE TIME! Exporting sequence in Ae
on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:07:36 am

So I've made a '5' minute long video layered heavily with effects and color corrections but nothing my computer hasn't handled before. Currently my pc has an i7 something processor with a GTX 1060 3gb, 16gb DDR4 ram, and 1TB SSD. I'm running Ae on my SSD and exporting onto the same drive (which may be the problem.) I've rendered straight from the render-que and exported in an avi file that failed at around 75% but I was able to salvage part of the footage (seems really buggy though and has an awful time playing back when imported into premiere pro). I've tried H.264 at max quality settings (2 pass, max depth, 60 fps, 10-12 bits) but it fails every time at around 2:59 on my timeline. There isn't really any crazy effects here though, and regardless, it should render despite these factors. I've tried DNxHR at respective 60fps and 1080p but that fails as well. I've restarted my PC countless times and purged all media and disk cache multiple times. I've disabled gpu acceleration as well. Currently I've switched off of optical flow to frame sampling and seeing if this changes anything but I'm expecting it not to. The avi file that is intact from a previous semi-completed render is again very buggy and has terrible playback.
I have around 500 gb's free on my SSD I'm exporting to so there shouldn't be any problem there. I really hope this error is on my end because if not, then Adobe's buggy software has screwed me... I would appreciate any advice or help. Thanks!

"As the seconds of your life are wasting away, you have to realize that life needs to be an adventure."
-Hanz Zimmer

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: RENDER FAILS EVERY SINGLE TIME! Exporting sequence in Ae
on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:23:45 am

Have you tried rendering to a different volume?

Ive had issues where the drive was corrupted and would not let me finish a render.

Return to posts index

Brent Austin
on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:49:42 am

I'm trying this now by exporting to an external hard rive. The exportation time also seems to be much shorter now.

If this is the case, what would a corrupted drive mean for me? Would I replace it or in the future would I avoid rendering onto the drive?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2017 at 3:06:45 am

I'd relax about the prospect of a corrupted drive. Very rare.

It's more likely that you just rendered to the wrong drive. As in, "Don't render to the system drive."
Pretty simple. And extra drives are cheap, which is good news.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Dec 5, 2017 at 5:56:29 am

With something like this that's problematic, the general consensus in 3D apps anyway has been to render to a sequence rather than an .avi, .mov. mp4, etc. That way you don't lose everything and also gives you a specific point of failure for diagnosing what's going wrong. And as others have suggested, simply try rendering to something other than your system drive. Storage is hyper cheap these days.

Return to posts index

Brent Austin
on Dec 5, 2017 at 1:50:07 pm

I rendered to an external hard drive with the same failure. I'll be trying to render to a sequence like Mark suggested as I do have some 3D layers I believe in my footage. I've included the last error on my error log below if anyone can point me in the right direction. Much appreciated!

- Source File: D:\Adobe Ae Save Files\Bane L'abbée Montage_AME\tmpAEtoAMEProject-BANE (1)7.aep
- Output File: D:\BANE\Bane L'abbée P2 1.mp4
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 60 fps, Progressive, 00:04:29:26
- Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo
- Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, Target 10.00 Mbps, Max 12.00 Mbps
- Encoding Time: 01:19:36
12/04/2017 07:40:06 PM : Encoding Failed
-------------------------------------
The Operation was interrupted by user
-------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 05:40:26
12/05/2017 01:21:41 AM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\E:\Bane L'abbée P2 1.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:02:59:00 - 00:02:59:09
Rendering at offset: 147.633 seconds
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: -1609629695

------------------------------------------------------------

"As the seconds of your life are wasting away, you have to realize that life needs to be an adventure."
-Hanz Zimmer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2017 at 3:25:50 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 5, 2017 at 5:50:16 pm

You're not actually using apostrophes and accent marks in file paths & file names, are you? That's just asking for trouble. The OS could have trouble with characters like that.

I'd simplify the names by removing potentially-troublesome characters.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Brent Austin
on Dec 5, 2017 at 9:20:55 pm

Would the apostrophe's or alternate character (é) cause problems? I wouldn't think it would crash a whole rendering process...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:35:15 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 6, 2017 at 2:17:32 am

It might be nothing. I for one would not take the chance with them.

Odd characters in names are known to create problems -- both with AE and the OS.

Better to be safe than sorry, I say.....

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Brent Austin
on Dec 7, 2017 at 4:53:53 am

I finally got it working in a .tif sequence though it probably would have worked in any other format at this point. Twixtor was applied to several frames that caused the whole comp within Ae to fail. Thanks for all of the advice! It was very helpful.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 7, 2017 at 5:09:00 pm

[Brent Austin] "Twixtor was applied to several frames that caused the whole comp within Ae to fail."

That's significant, and very likely tied to the type of footage with Twixtor applied.

I bet the problem goes away if you transcode the footage to a good intermediate codec.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Brent Austin
on Dec 9, 2017 at 3:01:47 am

I really appreciate your help Dave! You've helped me a lot on this forum, haha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]