FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to automate bouncing ball for lyrics?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
Any way to automate bouncing ball for lyrics?
on Nov 29, 2017 at 10:34:03 pm

Hey, Everybody.

So I've got this sort of music video/corporate holiday card I'm working on. I'm thinking of putting the lyrics on the screen so folks can read along if they wish. It was suggested that I have a follow-the-bouncing-ball sort of deal, but I'm hoping I can partially automate some of that process.

I was thinking maybe having the ball/graphic change height with some sort of expression related to volume and then I'd just have to animate left to right with the right timing. Think that'd work?

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Any way to automate bouncing ball for lyrics?
on Nov 30, 2017 at 1:04:51 am

Hi Corbin, sorry to suggest that volume and lyrics aren't necessarily going to coincide (you'll rarely hear each word having a volume change - or a pause between each word). Also words with more than one syllable will usually be sung with a note for each syllable - so your ball may have to bounce several times on a single word. However the good news is that most songs repeat the same rhythm/melody for each verse, so once you have done one you may be able to copy/paste to the next verse and only have to do minor re-jigging?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]