FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating a 3D Wireframe in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chantal Gfeller
Animating a 3D Wireframe in AE CS6
on Nov 28, 2017 at 8:56:42 am

Hey Guys!

Does anybody of you know a way to animate the wireframe of an object, pre-built in 3DS Max?
The thing is we modeled robotic machines in 3DS Max. In a Corporate movie we want the wireframe of the machine to build up/grow over the actual machine.
Appreciate your tips n' tricks
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Animating a 3D Wireframe in AE CS6
on Nov 28, 2017 at 12:18:58 pm

Usually to render a wireframe one would sweep all (or some) edges with a thin circle. Unless you use a specifc plugin/addon that does that.

What type of "grow" do you want to show? To make something nice I'd advise you to keep things inside the 3D max and animate there. Breaking stuff by parts and positioning/scalling them to place. I'm way more into C4D, and I could do that with a few clicks there. I'm not sure how to automate that in 3ds MAX.

You could bring it after into AE if you want to composite the "wireframe" over the actual beauty render. Usually a light glow with the add mode does wonders.

If you have access to Element 3D, It has a wireframe mode, but that will constrain you during the animation (lacking options). And a true wireframe is usually too much information to just place over your image.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]