FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline zoom preset shortcut

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Grey
Timeline zoom preset shortcut
on Nov 23, 2017 at 9:26:45 am

Hello! First post, thanks for all the guidance this forum has given me so far. 🐮👍

I frequently zoom all the way out on the timeline and then want to go back to about 4 clicks back from full zoom in. I know the alt+mouse scroll shortcuts for zooming in and out but I wondered if there is a way to to jump to this exact zoom level in the timeline? I'd then plan to attach it to a custom set a shortcut key.

Cheers,
Patrick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Timeline zoom preset shortcut
on Nov 23, 2017 at 9:14:12 pm

Keep using AE. You'll soon find that such a shortcut would be pretty much a one-trick pony.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Patrick Grey
on Nov 24, 2017 at 9:24:16 am

But ponies doing tricks is cool!! ☺

Thanks for the reply. I've been using AE for over a year (not long, I know), and use many shortcuts to speed up my workflow. All I know is that with my current workflow, this shortcut would save me a lot of time, therefore it is valid.

However, maybe I'm missing something. If you have time, would you explain in a little more detail why this wouldn't speed things up in a 'normal' workflow?

Cheers,
Patrick

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 24, 2017 at 4:09:44 pm

Not a direct answer to your question, but here are a couple of helpful keyboard shortcuts:

The - and = keys zoom the timeline out and in respectively. You could mash the - key 4 times, or you could use a keyboard macro program to assign some other keystroke to '----'.

The ; key toggles between maximum (frame level) and minimum (entire comp) timeline zoom.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Patrick Grey
on Nov 24, 2017 at 11:55:15 pm

Thank you Walter, that's just what I was looking for. The ";" tip alone will save me a lot of time.
Cheers,
Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]