FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text in Element 3D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Boes
Text in Element 3D
on Nov 21, 2017 at 1:30:44 pm

Why do my text do like this when i try to transition between group 1 and ?
It is the same text, the only difference is that group 2 has a bigger extrusion than group 1
I just want it to fade from one group into the other, so it goes from big extrusion to no extrusion.

Hope somebody can help me?

Video of problem look here:

https://youtu.be/k7TzwdOvto4

Allan Boes!!!
Working in Vegas pro 12 and Adobe photoshop CC and After Effects CC

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Text in Element 3D
on Nov 21, 2017 at 5:17:33 pm

Hey Allan,

It sounds as if you're trying to morph between two Element objects and E3D doesn't really work that way w/o resorting to an obj sequence.

I'm only guessing that what you want is that the front face extrudes outward then the back face eventually catches up, shrinking the extrusion & going out of frame. You say "fade" though so I'm not sure. If that's the case, you might be able to go a different route by duplicating your Element layer and then turn off the front face so the extrusion is now separate.

With just one group though, you might experiment animating the particles Z size. Minor problem with that though is that it scales in both the Z+ and Z- axis simultaneously, making it very tricking to make it look like the back face catches up with the front. You might then fiddle with Replicator Position Z (or create a group Null) though & hide that problem since you have you text leave frame.

Perhaps someone has a more elegant solution, but at least this is a starting point.

Return to posts index

Allan Boes
Re: Text in Element 3D
on Nov 22, 2017 at 6:03:34 am

Thanks Mark
That seems to work ☺

Regards
Allan

Alibozis
Working in...
Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects CC 2018

Return to posts index