FORUMS: list search recent posts

real beginner question, sorry...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
larry martin
real beginner question, sorry...
on Nov 21, 2017 at 10:08:19 am

I have adobe after effects cs6 and would like to create a simple image with music added to put on youtube, I can get files in to after effects, but, cannot for the life of me figure out how to just loop, or have same image throughout the video or timeline. A simple 2 frames wirh same image and the music playing would be great, but I guess I am having a bad hair day or brain lock.. I can get the image in, music in and playing, but of course the image plays on first frame then disappears, please I know this is a simple question I should be able to figure out but cannot. After this, I would love to be able to make a video in where the simple image "bounces" or reacts to the music, I have been able to take tutorials and have my image, then draw an object and have it react to the music, but I would like all or part of the image I created in photoshop to do this, "react to the music" but when i TRY IT IT JUST "studders" and music will not play. please, to start, I just want the image I created to stay on the page the whole time while the music plays.
thank you in advance and I am sorry about the "noob" question....

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: real beginner question, sorry...
on Nov 21, 2017 at 6:19:36 pm

"I just want the image I created to stay on the page the whole time while the music plays."

Place your cursor over the end of the layer in the timeline and it will turn into a two-sided arrow. Drag to shorten or lengthen the layer.

For future reference: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/getting-started-with-after-eff/?segme...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 21, 2017 at 6:30:29 pm

Yeah, I know you want to jump right into the fun stuff, but that is A VERY BAD IDEA.
A horrible idea. Worst idea ever. It guarantees 1) failure or 2) infinite frustration or 3) both.

Instead, you should learn the AE Basics. Fortunately, there's an invaluable resource for learning the AE CS6 basics right here on the COW! Yay!

Here's the link: https://library.creativecow.net/search.php?q=Andrew+Devis+AE+Basics

Go waaay down to the bottom of the page to find "AE Basics 1". And begin your journey.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Nov 22, 2017 at 1:41:08 am

I kinda have to echo what Dave said.

I'd highly recommend picking up a copy of Classroom in a Book After Effects CS6. There'll be a disc included with tons of examples, probably some scripts, free plug-ins, etc. The thing is, they're structured in a way that in a day or two you'll be up & running with confidence as you'll learn the work flow much quicker.

Return to posts index

faisal Rubai
on Nov 27, 2017 at 8:15:48 am

just pull the layer to the end...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]