FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Keyframe issues on export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen bergin
AE Keyframe issues on export
on Nov 20, 2017 at 2:27:31 pm

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of a noodle scratcher with after effects. I'm required to blur out faces on CCTV footage and while everything looks fine within AE, once i export it seems like the masks i've keyframed do not line up with what i see inside of AE.

The footage is recorded at 24.670FPS and im wondering does keyframing work off a different timebase or should it automatically adjust based on the comps frame rate?

It's obviously a big issue as sometimes people's faces are clearly visible within the exported file even though in AE the face is completely blurred at the exact same frame.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also just a side question, is it possible to have a mask with a blur applied to have hard edges? Applying a blur to the face masks are always soft around the edges.

Regards,

Stephen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE Keyframe issues on export
on Nov 20, 2017 at 5:39:27 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 20, 2017 at 5:46:18 pm

[Stephen bergin] "The footage is recorded at 24.670FPS and im wondering does keyframing work off a different timebase or should it automatically adjust based on the comps frame rate?"

Wow, that's a weird frame rate. I'm wondering if it's actually a variable frame rate. What's the media container & codec of this footage?

Not that it matters all that much -- you can just conform it to the closest standard frame rate, which it 25fps. If there's audio involved it may be off a bit, but hey -- it's CCTV video. Not exactly broadcast network quality in the first place.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]