FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame by frame with clone stamp tool in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian haig
frame by frame with clone stamp tool in AE
on Nov 18, 2017 at 10:13:56 pm

hi,
i want to use the clone stamp tool frame by frame in AE...I understand I have to change the setting from constant to single frame..but where do I do this ? I cant seem to find a setting anywhere to change to single frames ???

thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: frame by frame with clone stamp tool in AE
on Nov 19, 2017 at 4:35:47 pm

Paint panel (after you've selected the Brush tool,
Duration Dropdown Box,
select Single Frame.

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Nov 19, 2017 at 11:34:13 pm

What is the benefit of the contant setting? Any way to have the clone stamp tool to mark the area it's going to affect like in PS?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Nov 20, 2017 at 3:15:42 am

Well, the Constant setting is pretty much as it sounds. You "paint" a spot or area and it remains for the remainder of the clip. You can then delete keyframes if you wish it to end at a certain time. I had to use this technique to clean up an interview (of Christopher Lee) where the original BetaSP tape had oxide flaking off leaving several frames of while flecks throughout the entire clip. I could advance or retard from those frames, clone from a different time that was clean, then turn off the paint effect when the glitch ended.

I don't know if newer CC versions of AE have the behavior of the PS tool or not. I'm still happily using CS6 and not having to suffer broken plug-ins when an SDK isn't release in a timely manner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]