FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wave Warp Changing When Scaling Up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Gillespie
Wave Warp Changing When Scaling Up
on Nov 17, 2017 at 8:01:32 pm

I'm having some trouble using the Wave Warp effect. I have a banner waving behind a plane I am animating, and I want to zoom into the plane to go to my next transition, but zooming in is affecting the way my Wave Warp works! I have tried pinning my Wave Warp on all sides, but nothing I have tried has kept the Wave Warp from changing when I zoom in or scale up my plane.

As you can see in the images below, when I zoom in or make the plane larger, it is adding extra wave height to my banner, and making the waves quicker as well.

I want my banner to wave like this:

NOT like this:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am very much a novice when it comes to After Effects, so it's very possible there's something REALLY obvious that I have missed. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Wave Warp Changing When Scaling Up
on Nov 17, 2017 at 9:33:09 pm

ya..unfortunately thats how it works...you will need to pre render out your waving flag..then attach it to the plane

Return to posts index

Lauren Gillespie
Re: Wave Warp Changing When Scaling Up
on Nov 17, 2017 at 10:05:38 pm

That worked! Thank you so much! I have had some quality loss happen since I pre-rendered a small comp size with my vectors, but I will size up my pre-comp before I pre-render to compensate. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]