FORUMS: list search recent posts

time warp question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
therman mermehn
time warp question
on Nov 16, 2017 at 4:04:20 pm

I'm using timewarp on a 24fps sequence.

From what I originally understood/assumed , timewarp built frames in between existing frames , and left the original frame alone. however i can see that it also changes the original frames slightly as well.

For example , a video of a moving picket fence , obviously it won't timewarp 100% perfectly but it would be acceptable if some of the frames were original. However , it seems it warps every frame. So the fence would look warped or misaligned in every single frame as opposed to every other frame.

Is there a way to have time warp ONLY create new frames in between and not affect existing ones?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: time warp question
on Nov 16, 2017 at 6:11:22 pm

May we assume that you actually shot a moving picket fence on a DSLR, and that you're having Rolling Shutter issues?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

therman mermehn
on Nov 16, 2017 at 7:54:15 pm

no i was just using that as an example. not a rolling shutter issue.

the actual area I notice it on just happens to be several lines in a row . like grooves in pillar columns or diagonal lines on "do not park" parking spaces and such. essentially I'm just noticing that timewarp is changing the original frames and not just making new ones in between.

perhaps a better example would be if i simply had a 2 frame sequence that flash red and blue over and over. essentially timewarp would turn every frame purple. and not just ad 1 purple frame in between.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 16, 2017 at 10:05:43 pm

Ah. Perhaps you also have Frame Blending activated, which would cause such a thing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

therman mermehn
on Nov 16, 2017 at 10:44:14 pm

well no frame blending definitely leaves the original frames in tact and just does a sort of 50/50 opacity of each frame.

the timewarp warp frame 1 and 2 into an average to make frame 1.5

but for some reason it also affects the original frames of the video too and I'm wondering how to make it not do that.

it actually warps them enough that i cannot even manually add the original frames back in to correct it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]