FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to stop a text animation globally changing.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Carlin
How to stop a text animation globally changing.
on Nov 13, 2017 at 5:24:21 pm

Hi guys,

First of all I admit totally that I'm no expert on after effects (obviously). I know very basic stuff, but a client asked me if I could take a template off them and edit for them for a conference that is happening this week. I've said I would have a go and all has gone well apart from one thing!

I'm wanting to use a text animation several times, but every time I alter one, it alters all of them.

Can anyone help me understand how I can stop this happening? If you can i may be left with a small amount of hair, maybe enough to have a little tuft on top go my head! Seriously I'm going a bit mad here I think.

I've attached a screenshot of the text animation, where I've kind of hit a wall and don't know what to do next! I can send more if it will help?

Thanks in advance!

Russ

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to stop a text animation globally changing.
on Nov 13, 2017 at 5:54:36 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 13, 2017 at 6:09:28 pm

It sounds like the all the text animations are based on the same nested comp. If you want different animations, you have to find the comp in question IN THE PROJECT PANE -- duplicating it in the main comp itself will not do, duplicate it, rename it (not necessary but helpful), add it to the main comp and change the animation.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
Re: How to stop a text animation globally changing.
on Nov 13, 2017 at 8:18:35 pm

Thanks for the response Dave.

Being on a bit of a tight deadline I just started trying everything, I've ended up highlighting everything within the composition and copying it. Then I've created a new composition, and pasted it in. This worked fine, and haven't really lost any time with it!

When I'm up to date with this project I will look in to it again as I would like to be more fluent at it!

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]