FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does the compositing here look good?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Carver
Does the compositing here look good?
on Nov 8, 2017 at 4:11:39 am

Can anyone take a look at this scene and give any feedback on it? I'm trying to nail down the compositing and match the 3d elements in the scene with After Effects.

iMac 27" Late 2013
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Does the compositing here look good?
on Nov 8, 2017 at 11:37:02 am

I'd say the spiders lack a little bit of contact shadows. As for the effects, they could have more depth. Don't use a single plane, they will look flat. And try to make their lights bleed more on the rest of the shot. You're showing a blue portal thingy but nothing gets lit by it? not even the person inside it?

The 3d spiders should be affected by its effects too.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

James Carver
on Nov 10, 2017 at 6:12:33 am

Thanks Cassius good points.

Currently I have all the elements that make up the portal inside a single comp which I've made into a 3d layer. Any tips on how I can give the illusion it is on an additional plane?

iMac 27" Late 2013
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Nov 10, 2017 at 3:59:44 pm

As for the portal for example, you should remove some of the wall and place layers of elements behind it in Z space. Put some at the wall level, and some slightly in front of it. So when the camera pans to the side, you'll notice some parallax occuring.

I can see you're using assets that are flat, and you're stacking them on top of each other, and essentialy rotating this 2d plane in 3d space. This is whats making it fall a bit short on the realism.

To summarize, If you simply displace this layers a bit in Z and collapse this composition, it will start to look better.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]