FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to motion track green screen footage with no tracking markers??!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber Miller
Is it possible to motion track green screen footage with no tracking markers??!
on Nov 7, 2017 at 4:05:13 am

I shot a lot of green screen footage in motion not realizing that I would need tracking markers put on the screen. Is there any program that can help save my rear end to make a static photo be in motion with it? I'm in panic mode.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Is it possible to motion track green screen footage with no tracking markers??!
on Nov 7, 2017 at 4:54:05 am

You can't track if you don't have any features to get the movement from. Animate the background manually.

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
Re: Is it possible to motion track green screen footage with no tracking markers??!
on Nov 7, 2017 at 12:59:30 pm

if you can see the edge of the green screen at all, it might provide a reference point.

Also, if there's any variation in the green screen lighting, you might be able to use it as a fix.

it might be worth playing with the warp stabilizer as this can stabilize the moving person and may give the affect you're wanting.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 7, 2017 at 3:34:52 pm

I agree with Tero -- animate the background by hand. The chances aren't too bad you can get pans & tilts right. Maybe zooms, too. Primary camera movement will be tougher.

To see how to set up trackers for chroma key, take a look at hollywoodvfx.com.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]