FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layered ribbons of color, evolving organically

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Perkins
Layered ribbons of color, evolving organically
on Nov 6, 2017 at 11:59:17 pm

Hey, I have a request. I want something very specific and I'd love it if someone could tell me if this is possible.

I want a pattern like this pot:

So, to clarify: I would like this sort of organic looking ribbons of black and white color. It's going to be a hidden control layer that changes the scale of shapes in a pattern above it. Here's an example of the type of layer I'd like, I made this with the photoshop liquify tool:

What I would like is these ribbons of black and white to be dynamic, to gently ripple and bend as if they're being seen from underwater. If there was a way to tween between two separate images, or bend and twist them, or make them evolve from one state to another, that would be helpful. See, I'm having a little trouble putting into words what I need. If there would be any way to make this image dynamic, but still look organic and randomized, that would be helpful. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Layered ribbons of color, evolving organically
on Nov 7, 2017 at 12:09:45 am
Last Edited By Kevin Camp on Nov 7, 2017 at 12:11:33 am

turbulent displace might do what you need...

try this: creative a new solid, add venetian blind and set the completion to 50% (this is just to create a line texture), then add turbulent displace and fiddle with the amount, size and displacement type.

--edit---

also, animating the evolution will make it 'ripple', or move in liquid-like way.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Patrick Perkins
Re: Layered ribbons of color, evolving organically
on Nov 7, 2017 at 12:48:49 am

Kevin, I actually think that's E X A C T L Y what I wanted, thank you! It's rendering right now, but you've put me light-years ahead of where I was. Thank you!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]