FORUMS: list search recent posts

self draw title box

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Peterson
self draw title box
on Nov 3, 2017 at 11:22:38 pm

I need to create a self drawing title box such as the one shown in the video below at 0:09 secs with the lines from top and bottom then the words animate on from the centre. This part is easy for me to do but the client wants to be able to use the animation and change the words to whatever they need. Is it possible to make the box so that it adjusts in size to whatever the words are changed to? So that if the words are longer then the box still fits around it. How would I do this? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: self draw title box
on Nov 3, 2017 at 11:48:09 pm

Make a shape layer to surround the text. Both fill and stroke. Duplicate it, make one fill only and the other stroke only. Then duplicate both.

Make a shape layer for the vertical line. Stroke only. Animate the stroke end point to make it drop down.

Make a solid. Move one edge to mid-screen. Duplicate it three times.

Now you can use the solids as track mattes from which the shape layers will emerge by animating the positions. Precomp the fill-only shape layers and their track mattes to use as a track matte for the test layer.

There you go.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ben Peterson
on Nov 4, 2017 at 12:47:34 am

You seem to be telling me how to actually make the animation rather than my question about the client editing the text? If they edit the text it needs to still work properly.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Nov 4, 2017 at 9:47:26 am

you can use an expression to detect the rectangle width by the characters of text.

here's how it works:

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]