Storing Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Moreno
Storing Keyframes
on Nov 3, 2017 at 2:39:18 pm
Last Edited By Sebastian Moreno on Nov 3, 2017 at 2:41:10 pm

Hi everyone,
I am still learning, does anyone know how to store selected keyframes so I can delete them afterwards. I have tried arrays but I am missing something. This is the simplified version:

var keySelection = property.selectedKeys;

for (i = keySelection[0]; i < keySelection.length; i++) {
property.removeKey(i)
}

Thanks
Sebastian

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Storing Keyframes
on Nov 3, 2017 at 3:23:52 pm

Why do you want to do it that way? Why not just make an effects preset?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sebastian Moreno
on Nov 3, 2017 at 4:11:36 pm

Hi Dave
I doing a script to remove selected keys... it is actually to move keys, so what it does until now is copy and paste selected the keys with the interpolation but after I need to delete the selected keys but I only know the removeKey() utility, and after effects deselects the keys after deleting one. If there is something like cut and paste keyframes via script that would solve all.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 3, 2017 at 5:04:27 pm

I'm trying to imagine the time savings of invoking a script compared to a simple copy-paste command. I don't see much of a difference, nor do I see why it would be so important to spend time writing a script to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Sebastian Moreno
on Nov 3, 2017 at 6:01:18 pm

its to move keys to a specific time in milliseconds,secs or frames.. the button is connected to a calculator that will adjust to the frame rate and you would be able to move to any desired time and then move the selected keys to that specific time.
I finding myself with doing that hundreds of time and having to calculate a given time in milisecs from frames and move keys from multiple layers . This will save an incredible amount of time, instead of selecting frames from one layer then go to time input field time +/- the time frames or milisecs and then pasting them and now for the rest off the layers.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 3, 2017 at 8:06:20 pm

[Sebastian Moreno] "I finding myself with doing that hundreds of time and having to calculate a given time in milisecs"

You must be working in a very specialized field.
I have only encountered another person in this forum who demanded millisecond-accurate keyframes -- a physicist. He was very disappointed to learn that you can't place keyframes with millisecond accuracy in After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Sebastian Moreno
on Nov 3, 2017 at 11:08:36 pm

Yes Dave you just said it, it is s a very specialized field and it is necessary to animate at precise given times. Thanks for the concern

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 7, 2017 at 3:49:47 pm

You will have to.use something other than After Effects for that kind of accuracy. AE can only place keyframes on frames of a composition, and comps are limited to 99 frames/sec. You can do the arithmetic to see the limitations.

Furthermore, there is a limitation in playing back the animations. Unless you have some VERY sophisticated playback and display equipment, the standard maximum playback frame rate is 60 (aka 59.94) frames / sec.

After Effects makes animations for general film and video consumption. Itis not a scientific tool.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]