FORUMS: list search recent posts

Breaking Apart a Logo and Morphing Into Another...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Lincoln
Breaking Apart a Logo and Morphing Into Another...
on Nov 3, 2017 at 11:47:20 am

Hi guys! New to the forum and After Effects. I've been trying to learn as fast as possible, but I'm trying to help my dad out with something and I'm just at a loss on how to go about it. Everything I've tried, so far, just looks terrible. I'm actually after a very specific effect. I'm trying to recreate what is going on in this video: https://vimeo.com/125126640

I've managed to get the shapes to morph and it looks okay...but it's the letters that I'm struggling with. They sort of drift apart and are flying around and spinning and orbiting in 3d space only to come back together to the new logo at the end. I'm completely lost with this, as things quickly get out of control when I try to do it.

I'm trying to go from this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6pAcJE1W0DpSXFmVVY4eVltRkE
To this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6pAcJE1W0DpNTJCcEJGUVhNaGs
I'm not worried about the red globe part of the logo, it's really just the letters moving in the way that video does. I'm pulling my hair out! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

~Justin

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Breaking Apart a Logo and Morphing Into Another...
on Nov 3, 2017 at 4:25:48 pm

This tutorial will help you with both text and the shape layers changing as well.

Return to posts index

Justin Lincoln
on Nov 3, 2017 at 8:27:19 pm

Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate you taking the time. However, as far as the morphing goes, I've got that covered. I found a couple tutorials about it and managed to get the morphs to work correctly. What I'm more struggling with is how to take the type and have it explode out into individual letters, and sort of drift and spin around like the video, and come back together at the end. It's more the MOVEEMENT I'm having trouble with as opposed to morphing one logo into the other logo.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Nov 3, 2017 at 10:21:16 pm

i think you could do this relatively easily with text animators and a camera with depth of field enabled -- enable per character 3D, set anchor grouping to 'line' or 'word', add a rotation animator, set the y rotation for the animator to 180, set advanced>shape to 'ramp up', enable random order and then animate the offset...

but since the logo is likely not text anymore, but vector shapes, it will be more tedious... you'll need to separate each letter to it's own layer and make them all 3D. Offset the anchor points on the y-axis of each layer with the 'pan behind (anchor point) tool' -- in the tool bar, it's just to the right of the camera tool. then animate the y rotations of the letters.

if you add a camera, enable depth of field and fiddle with the aperture and blur level, you should start to get something similar.

then you'll just cross-fade between the first logo animation as it break up to the other as it comes together.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]