FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Blur Background Like This?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
How To Blur Background Like This?
on Nov 2, 2017 at 11:01:48 pm

I was watching some CS:GO edits and saw this effect through 14-22 seconds

I was wondering exactly how they did that effect. I know they were using a ZDepth layer but i dont know exactly what that blur effect is.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How To Blur Background Like This?
on Nov 2, 2017 at 11:58:54 pm

It's video game stuff -- who's to know what's been blurred by those guys and what hasn't?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Nov 3, 2017 at 12:07:37 pm

Are you sure that ain't done in-game by messing up with the DOF settings(I mean, code wise, not just game settings)? Because I'm pretty sure GPUs can do that on the fly. At least some mods made the same as that in Skyrim when I used to play it years ago.

But its quick and a just few frames. You could just mask it out and blur, or if the BG differs in colors do a key and blur using the matte.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Nov 3, 2017 at 1:26:13 pm

You can try and mimic that using all the blur options and maybe add some colour shits.
I use a plug-in called Diopter and it does some of that.

Return to posts index

Adin Allen
on Nov 5, 2017 at 3:49:03 am

Well, it could be done two different ways. Game engines will subtract the set blur distance from the camera and only that range is given focus, AKA depth of field. So it's possible they did it that way, though the bokeh coloring makes me question that, as that information is harder to modify. The other more likely method which allows more control and customization is through masking frame by frame in AE. Probably through the Camera Lens Blur effect. Those would be my best guesses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]