FORUMS: list search recent posts

White screen in composition.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Bolden
White screen in composition.
on Nov 1, 2017 at 5:43:55 am

Hello there, can you please help me on a problem where the composition is a white screen and none of the objects such as text and video appears. Yet RAM Preview is still possible I still couldn't get the composition in After Effects to appear. I only had 15 objects being for the most part videos and objects with animations and easings. I've seen many bugs ranging from very long frame rate drops and sometimes crashing the computer itself. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: White screen in composition.
on Nov 1, 2017 at 2:33:14 pm

If you recently upgraded to CC 2018 I would suggest reverting back to a previously working version and waiting for its bugs to be ironed out. Otherwise, with such little information, it's hard to guess what your issue may be. If you are working with an earlier version of AE that had been working fine, but may have become corrupted, you could try deleting it and reinstalling.

So that others may be able to offer better assistance, please provide more specific information about your hardware setup, what kind of video and audio files you are working with, which effects and plugins you are using, if the problem only occurs with this one project, etc. You could try simplifying the project, and then adding layers back in until the problem resurfaces. This process would hopefully uncover the culprit, but again more info would help.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: White screen in composition.
on Nov 1, 2017 at 5:45:39 pm

I've got to second Jim's recommendation -- just blow off AE CC 2018 and stick with the latest version of AE CC 2017.

You wouldn't believe how many complaints there are about the newest release, nor how many "please file a bug report" posts are on Adobe's AE forum! They don't say a Creative Cloud subscription's like being an unwitting participant in Adobe's Unpaid Beta Tester Program for nothin', y'know!

Who needs that kind of grief just to have the latest version?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]