FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaner Way of importing premier sequences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Benson
Cleaner Way of importing premier sequences
on Oct 31, 2017 at 11:00:43 pm

Hello there! First time poster.

I've been looking for a while and haven't had any luck in finding a way to import adobe premier pro sequences into after effects without having to import a whole adobe premier project a second time.

Right now my workflow goes edit the video sequencing in adobe premier, go to after effects, import a premier pro project open the sequence and presto theres everything and it works great.

The problem is, if i go back to premier and I make a new sequence, and then i want to bring that sequence to after effects but still in the same project, then just to get that premier sequence I have to import the whole premier project a second time. Then it re-imports all the footage and graphics and such into the after effects project a second time. With all the video linking to the second instance of importing the project.

Even if I just "select a sequence to import" when importing to AE, it still ends up re importing all the video clips again, just without the folder they would have been in had I imported the project again.

This gets very cumbersome when editing series pieces over a week at a time having 5 copies of the same premier project in AE to load up.

Is there an easier way to do this? I mean when I'm in premier, if i import another premier project into another, and the video clips are all the same, i can choose to import just one sequence, and it automatically links all the video to whats in my current bin as long as the clip names match.

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]