FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to blend time-remapped frames using timewarp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarrick Harris
how to blend time-remapped frames using timewarp?
on Oct 30, 2017 at 9:04:00 pm

Hi all!

I have a video clip which I've time remapped in AE cc so there's bits slowing down and other bits speeding up and also bits that reverse direction.

Now with time remapping alone, the only option to make the slow bits smooth, that I can see, is to toggle on frame blending - but that's not good enough. There's on bit where there's about 10 frames which are identical and I want some movement there, even just a little, to stop it being so noticeable.

So I'm wondering if I can get timewarp to deal with blending the frames with pixel motion but I have no idea how to go about it as I can't find any tutorials that show it being used this way.

So does anyone know how to go about this or where to find a tutorial?

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: how to blend time-remapped frames using timewarp?
on Oct 30, 2017 at 9:43:59 pm

[Jarrick Harris] "There's on bit where there's about 10 frames which are identical and I want some movement there, even just a little, to stop it being so noticeable."

I'm about 99% sure there isn't anything you can do.
You're asking AE to invent ten intermediate frames between two real ones, and there really isn't much to go on.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 30, 2017 at 10:04:12 pm

[Jarrick Harris] "Now with time remapping alone, the only option to make the slow bits smooth, that I can see, is to toggle on frame blending - but that's not good enough. There's on bit where there's about 10 frames which are identical and I want some movement there, even just a little, to stop it being so noticeable."

The frame blending switch has three states: off, frame blending, and pixel motion. The pixel motion state looks like this:

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
on Oct 31, 2017 at 10:34:00 am

Ah yes - I didn't realize frame blending could be pixel motion - that seems to work out better.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]