FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a complex hand drawn look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Batley
How to create a complex hand drawn look
on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:07:06 pm

Hi all,

I came across this ad for Kraken Black spiced rum. Does anyone know how to achieve this look? I don't think its hand drawn frame by frame i'm guessing its some kind of 3d rendered out with with a texture. Wanting to ccreate something similar but don't have the experience so looking for a start point

Return to posts index

Jarrick Harris
Re: How to create a complex hand drawn look
on Oct 30, 2017 at 9:25:45 pm

My guess is that they've used some effects in photoshop to make still pictures of each character or item and then animated it in something like after effects.

There are some plugins that can turn a picture into that style of drawing, such as Andromeda Cutline. There's Akvis Sketch or redfield Sletch Master for a basic pencil sketch effect. You can also use blend modes and coupled with patterns and other effects to build up your picture into something similar. You can also use Illustrator to create some of the cut line effects.

Looking closer at the animation, there's only a few individual bits that make it up - the wale, the tenticals, the octopus, the globe, the ship and not much more. If I were to try and reproduce this, I'd be quicker to just draw it all by hand on paper, scan the images, cut them up and polish them in Photoshop and then animate the bits in After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]