FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cloning

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Cloning
on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:05:56 pm

So, my little one came up with a cool little short sketch idea. She wrote a script and did all the acting, and I filmed it and am now trying to edit it. The effect I am going for is her talking to 2 other versions of herself, and she wants all 3 on the screen at the same time.

I'm editing in After Effects. I've cut the clips up and aligned them so that when she talks it looks like a legit conversation (roughly, haven't actually ironed out 100% perfect positioning) and am now onto trying to have them all appear at the same time. From what I have been able to find, I can use masking to pull it off, but I have yet to find a decent tutorial on how to actually pull it off, they simply say "mask this".

Should I not have cut the clips up? I seem to have considerably more clips than the folks in the videos. I'll post the file here and hope for the best. She's really excited to show her friends so I've got til tomorrow.

11821_clones.aep.zip

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Cloning
on Nov 2, 2017 at 1:43:40 pm

Here's a tutorial that I think gets at what you are trying to accomplish. It's a little dated now, but the concepts are the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]