FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I add a marker on a layer in Mocha AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzann Johns
How do I add a marker on a layer in Mocha AE?
on Oct 30, 2017 at 9:56:51 am

I'm needing to track two different objects, but one object is only in the clip for a portion of the frames, so I want to add markers to indicate where that part starts and ends. Is there a way to do this?

Any search I've done gives me results on how to remove tracking markers on the actual document/video...I need to add markers to the layer...but how?

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: How do I add a marker on a layer in Mocha AE?
on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:37:44 pm
Last Edited By Mark Whitney on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:40:51 pm

Oh, it's one of those silly Adobe holdovers.

Without a layer selected, hitting the numberpad * key (NOT the one above the 8 key) will place a marker on the timeline. WITH a layer selected, hitting the same key will add a marker to the layer clip itself. Now you can slide the clip around to align with another.

If you did hit the * above the 8 key, it will add a numbered marker in the time line. Actually, any shift top row number will add that number.

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: How do I add a marker on a layer in Mocha AE?
on Oct 31, 2017 at 4:04:37 am

Inside the mocha GUI, you use the Layer Properties In/Out range on the left-hand side of the interface (under the layer controls section). Setting the layer in/out range will stop the layer from tracking or being visible beyond these points.

Alternatively, there are large red project range brackets on the timeline and mini layer range handles for the layer you can drag.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]